eos_cli_config_gen, is a role that generates eos cli syntax and device documentation.
The eos_cli_config_gen role:
- Designed to generate the intended configuration offline, without relying on switch current state information.
- Facilitates the evaluation of the configuration prior to deployment with tools like Batfish
- Facilitates the evaluation of the configuration post deployment with eos_validate_state role.
Role Inputs and Outputs¶
Figure 1 below provides a visualization of the roles inputs, and outputs and tasks in order executed by the role.
- Structured EOS configuration according to supported data models.
- EOS configuration in CLI format.
- Device Documentation in Markdown format.
- Import device structured configuration from YAML file unless
structured_configflag is set by
- Generate EOS configuration in CLI format.
- Generate Device Documentation in Markdown format.
Requirements are located in the collection installation guide
The input variables are documented in the Input Variables section.
The role configuration variables are documented in the Role Configuration section.
Role configuration settings can be set either as regular inventory variables or directly as task_vars on the
Project is published under Apache 2.0 License